was established in September 2009, but was built upon the previous three years of student leadership work in the state.
Some important accomplishments of STAND are:
• Implemented a Statewide Student Satisfaction Survey, along with RIDE, that is a part of the annual evaluation of programs
• Took part in the May 2009 national VALUE (Voice of Adult Learners United to Educate) conference in Washington, DC
• Met with RI federal delegation and/or their staff, in order to share stories and information on the importance of adult education in the state
• Began statewide outreach to adult learners in every program
in the fall of 2009
• Adopted the goal of recruiting and supporting 100 adult learner leaders across the state into advisory or decision making positions in the field